Annapolis Micro Systems, a leading FPGA board and systems supplier, has developed a next-generation WILDSTAR™ 100GbE 6E10 6U OpenVPX Switch. It is SOSA™-aligned and VITA 65-compliant.
The 6E10 Switch provides up to 6.4 Tb/s of switching between backplane slots of multiple channels of 100Gb Ethernet. It also has front panel I/O to connect to external data sources.
The 6E10 is a turnkey solution with dense, flexible I/O. Customers have the option for seven 40/100GbE optical interfaces to VITA 66, or four 40/100GbE optical interfaces to the front panel.
The rugged high-performance Switch is readily integrated into any SOSA-aligned 6U VPX system, or deployed within Annapolis' proven WILD100™ EcoSystem.
Annapolis has also developed a 3U VPX Switch that is SOSA-aligned, the WILDSTAR 3E10 3U OpenVPX Switch.
Annapolis is now taking orders for both switches. The 6E10 6U Switch will ship in December, 2019; the 3E10 3U Switch will ship in April, 2020.
“Annapolis understood the potential of SOSA early on, and we became a dedicated SOSA contributor and member,” said Noah Donaldson, Annapolis Micro Systems Chief Technology Officer. “We are committed to developing the highest-performing SOSA-aligned products that are first to market.”
These switches are part of Annapolis’ growing SOSA-aligned WILD100 EcoSystem, an interoperable portfolio of rugged high-performance 100GbE COTS boards and systems. Notable WILD100 products include:
- Baseboard (6U): WILDSTAR 6XB2 6U OpenVPX Baseboard (WB6XB2)
- Baseboard (6U): WILDSTAR 6XBU 6U OpenVPX Baseboard with Integrated I/O (WB6XBU)
- Baseboard (3U): WILDSTAR 3XBM 3U OpenVPX Baseboard (WB3XBM)
- Storage (6U): WILDSTAR 6SN0 6U OpenVPX Storage (WB6SN0)
- Storage (3U): WILDSTAR 3SN0 3U OpenVPX Storage (WB3SN0)
- Clock: WILDSTAR Radial Clock Distribution Board (WP6C20)
- Chassis: WILD100 Beamformer 6U OpenVPX Chassis (WC6C40)
Annapolis high-performance products are designed for advanced HPC, ISR, and multi-function EW applications, including phased array radar, cybersecurity network processing, DRFM, beamforming, sensor processing, wireless communication, and radar signal processing.