Annapolis Micro Systems’ next-generation WILDSTAR™ 100GbE 6E10 6U OpenVPX Switch and 6XB2 6U OpenVPX FPGA Processing Board will be featured in a live conformance and interoperability demo at the Tri-Service Open Architecture Interoperability Demonstration (TSOA-ID) on January 29, 2020 at Georgia Tech Research Institute.
Separately, Annapolis is also demonstrating the SOSA-aligned WILDSTAR 6XBU 6U OpenVPX FPGA Processing Board, which offers ultra-wide bandwidth digitization and processing in a single 6U VPX board. It delivers remarkable instantaneous bandwidth: 32 GHz receive and 24 GHz transmit.
“We are proud to be chosen by the U.S. Armed Services to be one of the first companies to demonstrate the benefits of SOSA and VITA open systems architectures,” said Noah Donaldson, Annapolis Micro Systems Chief Technology Officer. “We are committed to developing the highest-performing SOSA-aligned products that are first to market.”
TSOA-ID will, for the first time, bring together the three branches of United States Armed Services (Army, Navy and Air Force), standards organizations (HOST, SOSA, CMOSS, VITA et al), and leading industry partners (Annapolis Micro Systems et al), to demonstrate the ease of interoperability of rugged embedded hardware and software modules.
Better interoperability allows for faster incorporation of innovation and delivery of new capabilities, including Annapolis’ WILD100 100GbE-enabled products. The Annapolis WILD100 EcoSystem is 2.5X faster than previous technology, and enables PCIe Gen-4, 100 Gbps Ethernet, and InfiniBand high-speed bandwidths. This breakthrough capability is made possible by 25Gbps+ FPGA transceivers and high-density MULTIGIG RT3 interconnects.
Notable WILD100 products include:
- Processing Board (6U): WILDSTAR 6XB2 6U OpenVPX Baseboard (WB6XB2)
- Processing Board (6U): WILDSTAR 6XBU 6U OpenVPX Baseboard with Integrated I/O (WB6XBU)
- Processing Board (3U): WILDSTAR 3XBM 3U OpenVPX Baseboard (WB3XBM)
- Switch (6U): WILDSTAR 6E10 6U OpenVPX Switch (WP6E10)
- Switch (3U): WILDSTAR 3E10 6U OpenVPX Switch (WP3E10)
- Storage (6U): WILDSTAR 6SN0 6U OpenVPX Storage (WS6SN0)
- Storage (3U): WILDSTAR 3SN0 6U OpenVPX Storage (WS3SN0)
- Clock: WILDSTAR Radial Clock Distribution Board (WP6C20)
- Chassis: WILD100 Beamformer 6U OpenVPX Chassis (WC6C40)