WILDSTAR 6SN0 6U OpenVPX Storage – 64 TB/Slot – WS6SN0
When Storage capability is needed, Annapolis offers the highest density OpenVPX storage solutions on the market, with up to 64.0 TB of capacity in a single 1” 6U slot, and up to 10 GB/sec read/write bandwidth. This hot swappable board (10,000 insertion cycles) is 100GbE capable, and is developed in alignment with SOSA™.
Annapolis Storage Solutions are optimized for SIGINT, ELINT, EW, or other high-bandwidth storage applications.
The 6U WILDSTAR Data Storage Solution features up to 64 TB storage depth and up to 10 GB/sec bandwidth, plus additional depth and bandwidth capacity using multiple Cards.
One Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU11 Motherboard Controller allows stand-alone operation, and supports multiple levels of hardware and software security.
The Board has a rugged design and is available in industrial temperature grades. Optional air, conduction, air-flow-through, and liquid-cooled environments.
High-bandwidth backplane connectivity is enabled by MULTIGIG RT3 interconnects, which deliver 100Gb per Fat Pipe.
The 6SN0 is part of Annapolis’ growing WILD100 EcoSystem™, an interoperable portfolio of rugged high-performance 100Gb VPX COTS boards and systems.
- 16.0 / 32.0 / 64.0 TB storage depth in a 1” 6U slot
- Data rates up to 10 GB/sec read and write
- Scalable Depth and Bandwidth using multiple Storage Cards
- Supports following Storage protocols via Network Interface Chip (NIC): SRP, iSER, NFS RDMA, SMB Direct, NVMe-oF
- Multiple types of encryption supported
- Hot Swappable with 10,000 Insertion Cycles (exclusive to WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Developed in alignment with SOSA™
One Xilinx® ZYNQ® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU11 Motherboard Controller
- Allows for non-PCIe based interfaces such as 100GbE or user defined protocols
- Includes 100GbE IP
- Allows stand-alone operation
- Processing Subsystem (PS)
- Quad-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex-A53
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5 real-time processor
- Mali-400 MP2 graphics processing unit
- One 64-bit, 4 GB DDR4 memory
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- Programmable Logic (PL)
- Up to 2928 DSP slices or 1,143,00 logic cells
- Up to 36Mb of High Bandwidth, Low Latency UltraRAM
- Gen3 PCIe, 150G Interlaken and 100Gb Ethernet Hard Cores
- GTH/GTY transceivers operating up to 32.75 Gb/s
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- 16nm FinFET+ process
- Board support enabling user customization of ZYNQ+ design
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
- Backplane I/O using PCIe or 1/10/25/50/100Gb Ethernet
- Dual 8x PCIe Gen3 backplane interfaces
- On-board PCIe Gen3 switch
- Allows daisy chaining of boards without system switch in chassis
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
- Front panel status LEDs for drives and PCIe link status
- Proactive Thermal Management
Standard Board Support Package (BSP)
- 40 Gb Reference Design binary
- Allows for two full duplex I/O streams to each 4x NVME SSD canister
- I/O options include: TCP/40GbE on DP2, up to 4x 16Gbps Aurora on UP, SP, or FP XCVR
- 100 Gb Reference Design binary
- Allows for one full duplex I/O stream to both 4x NVME SSD canisters
- I/O Options include: TCP/100GbE on DP2, up to 4x 16Gbps Aurora on SP, or up to 4x 25Gbps Aurora on VITA66
Optional Board Support Package (BSP)
- HPE HDL reference designs’ source
- PetaLinux project including all required software source
- FSBL, Uboot, and corresponding patches
- Ubuntu 18.04 + Kernel v4.19
- Driver patches for NVME and PCIe
- libannapFs1, libwb[X]sn0-rd0, libwb[X]sn0-rd2 source
- Requires Vivado 2019.1
- Order separately using P/N S00000-1H
Mechanical and Environmental
- 6U OpenVPX Compliant 1.0″ spacing
- Optional VITA 66 support
- RT3 backplane connectors for 100G support
- Integrated Heat Sink and Board Stiffener
- Available in Industrial Temperature Grades
- Available for Air, Conduction, Air-Flow-Through, and Liquid-cooled environments
- RTM available for additional I/O
- Hot Swappable (exclusive to WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Only requires +12V and +3.3VAUX from backplane
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
The following documentation is available for registered users of our site. Please log in or feel free to register for our site.
For additional documentation, please contact your Sales Representative.
WILD OpenVPX 40Gb Ethernet and FDR InfiniBand Switch
Supports 1GbE, XAUI, 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE, and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR InfiniBand. It has dual 1/10GbE SFP+ front panel control plane uplinks and eight front panel data plane QSFPs. It supports up to sixteen 1GbE backplane control plane connections and twenty XAUI/40GbE/InfiniBand data plane connections.
WILDSTAR 7 for PCIe
Up to three Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs per board with VX690T or VX980T FPGAs, up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth and up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.9 million logic cells and 4.9 million multiplier bits per board.