WILD Storage G2 for 6U OpenVPX – 34 TB/Slot – WB6SN0
When Storage capability is needed, Annapolis offers the highest depth and bandwidth OpenVPX storage solutions on the market, with up to 34 TB of capacity and 10-14 GB/s bandwidth in a single 1” 6U slot. It features a removable hot-swappable canisters with a connector rated for 10,000+ mating cycles. The WILD Data Storage Solution comes with software configuration to support NVM Express (NVMe) over PCI Express (PCIe) and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE).
Annapolis Storage Solutions are optimized for SIGINT, ELINT, EW, or other high-bandwidth storage applications.
The 6U WILD Data Storage Solution is comprised of three pieces fitting in a single 1” OpenVPX slot: two “Storage Canisters” which hold SSD, and the “Storage Carrier” that plugs into the VPX backplane and holds the disk canisters.
The Storage Solution is specifically designed to support 10,000+ insertion cycles of the disk canisters for frequent drive removal. Both the canisters and the entire assembly (Storage Canisters + Storage Carrier) are also hot swappable for minimum system downtime and highest reliability.
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILD Data Storage Solution boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors throughout the system monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILD Data Storage Solution boards are built with a rugged, durable design. Sensors can be accessed with a chassis manager (ChMC).
- 16.8GB or 33.8TB Storage Depth and 10-14 GB/s Bandwidth in a single 1” 6U slot
- Hot-swappable Drive Canister with 10,000 Insertion Cycles & Hot Swappable Carrier (exclusive to WILDSTAR OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Canister can be removed without disrupting backplane PCIe daisy chaining
- Scalable Depth and Bandwidth using multiple Storage Cards
- Storage Interfaces
- Standard NVMe protocol (over PCIe) with Annapolis-supplied NVMe IP
- Optional RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)
- Backplane I/O using PCIe or 40Gb Ethernet
- Dual 8x PCIe Gen3 backplane interfaces
- Optional Storage FPGA with on-board dual ARM
- Allows for non-PCIe based interfaces such as 40GbE or user defined protocols
- Includes 40GbE IP
- Allows stand-alone operation
- On-board PCIe Gen3 switch
- Allows daisy chaining of boards without system switch in chassis
- Up to 12.8 GB/s storage bandwidth using PCIe and/or HSS interfaces via Storage FPGA
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
- Hot Swappable (exclusive to WILDSTAR OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Available for air and conduction cooled environments
- Front panel status LEDs for drives and PCIe link status
- Proactive Thermal Management
Supports 1GbE, XAUI, 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE, and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR Infiniband. It has dual 1/10GbE SFP+ front panel control plane uplinks and eight front panel data plane QSFPs. It supports up to 20 1GbE backplane control plane connections and 20 XAUI/40GbE/Infiniband data plane connections.
Up to three Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs per board with VX690T or VX980T FPGAs, up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth and up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.9 million logic cells and 4.9 million multiplier bits per board.