WILDSTAR 6SN0 6U OpenVPX Storage – 64 TB/Slot – WS6SN0
When Storage capability is needed, Annapolis offers the highest density OpenVPX storage solutions on the market, with up to 64.0 TB of capacity in a single 1” 6U slot, and up to 10 GB/sec read/write bandwidth. This hot swappable board (10,000 insertion cycles) is 100GbE capable, and is developed in alignment with SOSA™.
Annapolis Storage Solutions are optimized for SIGINT, ELINT, EW, or other high-bandwidth storage applications.
The 6U WILDSTAR Data Storage Solution features up to 64 TB storage depth and up to 10 GB/sec bandwidth, plus additional depth and bandwidth capacity using multiple Cards.
One Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU11 Motherboard Controller allows stand-alone operation, and supports multiple levels of hardware and software security.
The Board has a rugged design and is available in industrial temperature grades. Optional air, conduction, air-flow-through, and liquid-cooled environments.
High-bandwidth backplane connectivity is enabled by MULTIGIG RT3 interconnects, which deliver 100Gb per Fat Pipe.
The 6SN0 is part of Annapolis’ growing WILD100 EcoSystem™, an interoperable portfolio of rugged high-performance 100Gb VPX COTS boards and systems.
- 16.0 / 32.0 / 64.0 TB storage depth in a 1” 6U slot
- Data rates up to 10 GB/sec read and write
- Scalable Depth and Bandwidth using multiple Storage Cards
- Supports following Storage protocols via Network Interface Chip (NIC): SRP, iSER, NFS RDMA, SMB Direct, NVMe-oF
- Multiple types of encryption supported
- Hot Swappable with 10,000 Insertion Cycles (exclusive to WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Developed in alignment with SOSA™
One Xilinx® ZYNQ® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU11 Motherboard Controller
- Allows for non-PCIe based interfaces such as 100GbE or user defined protocols
- Includes 100GbE IP
- Allows stand-alone operation
- Processing Subsystem (PS)
- Quad-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex-A53
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5 real-time processor
- Mali-400 MP2 graphics processing unit
- One 64-bit, 4 GB DDR4 memory
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- Programmable Logic (PL)
- Up to 2928 DSP slices or 1,143,00 logic cells
- Up to 36Mb of High Bandwidth, Low Latency UltraRAM
- Gen3 PCIe, 150G Interlaken and 100Gb Ethernet Hard Cores
- GTH/GTY transceivers operating up to 32.75 Gb/s
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- 16nm FinFET+ process
- Board support enabling user customization of ZYNQ+ design
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
- Backplane I/O using PCIe or 1/10/25/50/100Gb Ethernet
- Dual 8x PCIe Gen3 backplane interfaces
- On-board PCIe Gen3 switch
- Allows daisy chaining of boards without system switch in chassis
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
- Front panel status LEDs for drives and PCIe link status
- Proactive Thermal Management
Standard Board Support Package (BSP)
- 40 Gb Reference Design binary
- Allows for two full duplex I/O streams to each 4x NVME SSD canister
- I/O options include: TCP/40GbE on DP2, up to 4x 16Gbps Aurora on UP, SP, or FP XCVR
- 100 Gb Reference Design binary
- Allows for one full duplex I/O stream to both 4x NVME SSD canisters
- I/O Options include: TCP/100GbE on DP2, up to 4x 16Gbps Aurora on SP, or up to 4x 25Gbps Aurora on VITA66
Optional Board Support Package (BSP)
- HPE HDL reference designs’ source
- PetaLinux project including all required software source
- FSBL, Uboot, and corresponding patches
- Ubuntu 18.04 + Kernel v4.19
- Driver patches for NVME and PCIe
- libannapFs1, libwb[X]sn0-rd0, libwb[X]sn0-rd2 source
- Requires Vivado 2019.1
- Order separately using P/N S00000-1H
Mechanical and Environmental
- 6U OpenVPX Compliant 1.0″ spacing
- Optional VITA 66 support
- RT3 backplane connectors for 100G support
- Integrated Heat Sink and Board Stiffener
- Available in Industrial Temperature Grades
- Available for Air, Conduction, Air-Flow-Through, and Liquid-cooled environments
- RTM available for additional I/O
- Hot Swappable (exclusive to WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Only requires +12V and +3.3VAUX from backplane
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard
Supports 1GbE, XAUI, 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE, and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR InfiniBand. It has dual 1/10GbE SFP+ front panel control plane uplinks and eight front panel data plane QSFPs. It supports up to sixteen 1GbE backplane control plane connections and twenty XAUI/40GbE/InfiniBand data plane connections.
Up to three Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs per board with VX690T or VX980T FPGAs, up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth and up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.9 million logic cells and 4.9 million multiplier bits per board.