WILDSTAR 6XV2 6U OpenVPX FPGA Processor – WB6XV2
The WILDSTAR 6XV2 integrates two of Xilinx's new Versal™ Premium VP1502 or VP1702 FPGAs. It is 100GbE-enabled, SOSA-aligned, and highly rugged and thermally-controlled.
Need the same Versal power and SOSA alignment and 100GbE capability in a smaller package? See the WILDSTAR 3XV1 3U OpenVPX Board.
These FPGA boards are SOSA-aligned Plug-In Cards (PIC). They include two Versal Premium VP1502/VP1702 FPGAs and have eight 32-bit LPDDR4 DRAM ports running up to 3700 MT/s.
If IO is required, Annapolis offers extraordinary density, bandwidth and analog conversion choices. Each card has two next generation mezzanine sites that are optimized for JESD-based ADCs and DACs. Based on FMC/FMC+ specification, it allows larger form factor cards for higher IO density. VITA 66/67 optical/RF backplane support is included.
There is also an on-board quad ARM CPU running up to 1.4 GHz which can be used for local application requirements. It is accessible over backplane PCIe or Ethernet and provides dedicated AXI interfaces to all FPGAs. It is also used to query board health like FPGA temperature and power. It is connected to the OpenVPX control plane via 1 or 10GbE.
WILDSTAR 6XV2 6U OpenVPX FPGA Processor boards are hot swappable in air cooled environments allowing for more system reliability. This feature is unique to Annapolis and was developed because our experience with OpenVPX systems has shown it invaluable, so a whole chassis does not need to be shutdown to remove a single board.
Review other OpenVPX 6U and Xilinx FPGA boards.
- Two Versal Premium VP1502/VP1702 FPGAs. Each FPGA has:
- Up to 10,896 DSP Slices and 5,557,720 logic cells
- Up to 541 Mb of High Bandwidth, Low Latency UltraRAM
- Five 32-bit LPDDR4 DRAM ports running up to 3700 MT/s
- Dual-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex-A72 running up to 1.4GHz
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5F real-time processor running up to 600MHz
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
Next Generation Mezzanine Sites
- Optimized for JESD based ADC and DACs
- SOSA Aligned backplane I/O
- Optimized for VITA 66/67 interfaces
- Optimized for cooling
- Allows larger form factor cards for higher IO density
- Based on FMC+
- Available options:
- Analog Devices MXFE: 2TX (12GSps)/4RX (6GSps)
- Analog Devices MXFE: 1TX (12GSps)/8RX (4GSps)
- Jariet Electra-MA: 2TX (64GSps)/2RX (64GSps)
- Xilinx RFSoC: 2TX (5GSps)/8RX (5GSps)
- Xilinx RFSoC: 4TX (5GSps)/4RX (5GSps)
- Others covered under NDA. Contact Factory for more information.
Mechanical and Environmental
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.2 spacing
- Supports OpenVPX payload profile:
- Available with 85C ambient air temperature or card edge support and -55C power-on
- Available with -65C to 105C storage temperature
- Air, Air-Flow-Through or Conduction Cooled
- Only requires +12V and +3.3VAUX from backplane
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard 1.0
- RT3 backplane connectors for 100G support
- CoreFire Next Application Design Suite
- Full Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- Computational, DSP and Data Flow Control Cores (FFTs, FIR, Math, etc)
- Develop in GUI environment or create VHDL and use HDL environment
- Built-in Debugger for Hardware in the loop Debugging
- Supports High-Level Synthesis (HLS) Design Flow
- VHDL BSP packages including full synthesis and simulation support
- Communication Cores Included (10/40Gb Ethernet and AnnapMicro Protocol cores)
- IOPE JTAG Access through backplane
- Board control and status monitoring can be local and/or remote (via Ethernet)
The following documentation is available for registered users of our site. Please log in or feel free to register for our site.
For additional documentation, please contact your Sales Representative.