WILDSTAR 3SN0 3U OpenVPX Storage – WS3SN0
When Storage capability is needed, Annapolis offers the highest density OpenVPX storage solutions on the market, with up to 16.0 TB of capacity in a single 1” 3U slot, and up to 5 GB/sec read/write bandwidth. This hot-swappable board (10,000 insertion cycles) is 100GbE capable, and is developed in alignment with SOSA™.
Annapolis Storage Solutions are optimized for SIGINT, ELINT, EW, or other high-bandwidth storage applications.
The 3U WILDSTAR Data Storage Solution features up to 16 TB storage depth, and up to 5 GB/sec bandwidth, plus additional depth and bandwidth capacity using multiple Cards.
One Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU7 Motherboard Controller allows stand-alone operation, and supports multiple levels of hardware and software security.
The Board has a rugged design and is available in industrial temperature grades. Optional air, conduction, air-flow-through, and liquid-cooled environments.
High-bandwidth backplane connectivity is enabled by MULTIGIG RT3 interconnects, which deliver 100Gb per Fat Pipe.
The 3SN0 is part of Annapolis’ growing WILD100 EcoSystem™, an interoperable portfolio of rugged high-performance 100Gb VPX COTS boards and systems.
- 8.0 / 16.0 TB storage depth in a single 1” 3U slot
- Data rates up to 5 GB/sec read and write
- Scalable Depth and Bandwidth using multiple Storage Cards
- Supports NVMe over Fabrics for Network Attached Storage
- Supports NFS over RDMA providing for storage network mount service
- Multiple types of encryption supported
- Hot Swappable with 10,000 Insertion Cycles (exclusive to WILD OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Developed in alignment with SOSA™
One Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ MPSoC ZU7
- Motherboard Controller
- Allows for non-PCIe based interfaces such as 40GbE or user defined protocols
- Includes 40GbE IP
- Allows stand-alone operation
- Processing Subsystem (PS)
- Quad-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex-A53
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5 real-time processor
- Mali-400 MP2 graphics processing unit
- One 64-bit, 4 GB DDR4 memory
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- Programmable Logic (PL)
- Up to 2928 DSP slices or 1,143,00 logic cells
- Up to 36Mb of High Bandwidth, Low Latency UltraRAM
- Gen3 PCIe, 150G Interlaken and 100Gb Ethernet Hard Cores
- GTH/GTY transceivers operating up to 32.75 Gb/s
- 256Kb user SPI FRAM
- 16nm FinFET+ process
- Board support enabling user customization of ZYNQ+ design
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
- Backplane I/O: using PCIe, 40Gb Ethernet
- Optional VITA 66 optical up to 100GbE
- Dual 4x PCIe Gen3 backplane interfaces
- On-board PCIe Gen3 switch
- Allows daisy chaining of boards without system switch in chassis
- 3U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
- Front panel status LEDs for drives and PCIe link status
- Proactive Thermal Management
Standard Board Support Package (BSP)
- 40 Gb Reference Design binary
- Allows for one full duplex I/O stream to the 4x NVME SSD canister
- Default I/O Options
- DP1: TCP/40GbE or TCP/10GbE on lane 0
- P2A/EP[3:0] (depending on build option): TCP/40GbE or TCP/10GbE on lane 0
- Alternative I/O Options
- P2A/EP[3:0] (depending on build option): 10Gbps x4 (40Gb) Aurora
Optional Board Support Package (BSP)
- HPE HDL reference designs’ source
- PetaLinux project including all required software source
- FSBL, Uboot, and corresponding patches
- Ubuntu 18.04 + Kernel v4.19
- Driver patches for NVME and PCIe
- libannapFs1, libwb[X]sn0-rd0, libwb[X]sn0-rd2 source
- Requires Vivado 2021.1
- Order separately using P/N S00000-1H
- Required for front panel RS485/GPIO/I2C usage
Mechanical and Environmental
- 3U OpenVPX Compliant 1.0″ spacing
- RT3 backplane connectors for 100G support
- Integrated Heat Sink and Board Stiffener
- Available in Industrial Temperature Grades
- Available for Air, Conduction and Air-Flow-Through environments
- Only requires +12V and Optionally +3.3VAUX from backplane
The following documentation is available for registered users of our site. Please log in or feel free to register for our site.
For additional documentation, please contact your Sales Representative.