WILDSTAR G2 Dual 1.5 GSps 12-Bit ADC & DAC Mezzanine Card
This ultra low latency WILDSTAR G2 Dual 1.5 GSps 12-Bit ADC & DAC Mezzanine Card is specifically designed for DRFM applications with 24ns latency from SMA to SMA.
Compatible with WILDSTAR™ 7 and WILDSTAR A5 mainboards.
The WILDSTAR G2 Dual 1.5 GSps 12-Bit ADC & DAC Mezzanine Card was designed from the ground up for latency sensitive DRFM applications. The Board Support Interface, which is available in VHDL or CoreFire Application Design Suite, was also designed from the beginning to be suited for DRFM applications. This interface provides a Digital Bypass Mode to achieve the lowest possible latency and a Fabric Space Mode to allow the user to do additional processing and manipulation of the ADC data before returning it out the DAC. The Fabric Space Mode adds only 14ns of latency. The Board Support Interface also includes a built-in Bypass Delay which can be controlled to be from 0 to 62 ADC sample clock periods. This allows the user to “walk” the latency out from the minimum Digital Bypass Mode latency to slightly beyond the Fabric Space Latency, providing for a smooth latency transition between the two modes.
The CoreFire Next Design Suite, Annapolis’ FPGA Design Tool, allows the user to design a 24ns latency DRFM-optimized application in minutes.
The industry is already talking about the ultra low latency that is achievable in this COTS product:
“The new IOADCDACD1.5G mezzanine card from Annapolis Micro Systems was built specifically for use as a DRFM, and it has some impressive specs. Its two analog input and output channels have around 600 MHz instantaneous bandwidth each, which is respectable and covers a good range of applications. The board’s latency, though, is where it really shines. The latency from SMA to SMA connector is only 39 ns when going through the user FPGA space, or even lower when using a digital bypass. This makes it well suited to self-protection applications. Its board support package is also designed to make the integration of a user’s DRFM kernel simple, which should be refreshing to anyone who has had to build a DRFM out of an FPGA board that wasn’t really designed to be one”
– a DRFM Industry Expert
The WILDSTAR G2 Dual 1.5 GSps 12-Bit ADC & DAC Mezzanine Card is shipped with a custom heatsink which enables proper cooling of the ADC. An on-board temperature monitor is also supplied which allows for real-time monitoring of the ADC’s internal die temperature.
The WILDSTAR G2 Dual 1.5 GSps 12-Bit ADC & DAC Mezzanine Card provides high fidelity and high speed analog-to-digital conversion along with a rugged design.
See all of the Annapolis Mezz Cards.
- Dual Channel ADCs and DACs running at up to 1500MSps each at 12-bits
- Ultra Low latency from ADC SMA input to DAC SMA output
- Digital Bypass Mode (SMA-to-SMA): < 24ns
- Fabric Space Mode (SMA-to-SMA): < 39ns
- Digital Bypass Mode has built-in run-time adjustable delay providing additional delay from 0ns up to 62 Sclk periods
- Capability to have four ADC channels and four DAC channels in one 6U OpenVPX slot when plugged into WILDSTAR OpenVPX FPGA cards
- Support for WILDSTAR 7 (Xilinx Virtex™-7) and WILDSTAR A5 (Altera Stratix® V) PCIe and OpenVPX mainboards
- Firmware and Software Board Support Interface provided in CoreFire Next and VHDL source
ADC and DAC and Performance
- Sample Rate: 300 – 1500MHz
- ADC and DAC Resolution: 12 bits
- Two Analog Inputs
- Two Analog Outputs
- One High Precision Trigger Input
- One External Clock Input
Mechanical and Environmental
- Integrated Heatsink and EMI / Crosstalk Shields
- Commercial and Industrial Temperatures Available
- Software-selectable external clock input or onboard clock
- All ADCs and DACs across multiple mezzanine cards can be synchronized to the same sample using WILDSTAR Clock Distribution Boards
- Provides capability to configure 40+ ADC and DAC channels in one COTS Annapolis 19” OpenVPX Chassis