WILDSTAR 7 for PCIe
Up to three Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs per board with VX690T or VX980T FPGAs, up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth and up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.9 million logic cells and 4.9 million multiplier bits per board.
These FPGA boards include 3 Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs with 64 High Speed Serial connections performing up to 13.1 Gbps. On each Compute Processing Element (CPE) FPGA there is four 72-bit QDRII+ SRAM interfaces clocked up to 500 MHz. The IO Processing Element (IOPE) FPGA has four 32-bit DDR3 DRAM ports clocked at up to 800 MHz.
PCIe boards connect to the host system via a Gen 3 PCI Express switch which provides a x16 interface to the host (up to 16 GB/s) and x8 Gen3 interfaces to each FPGA (up to 8 GB/s). There is also plenty of on-board inter-FPGA HSS connections for data movement.
If IO is required, Annapolis offers extraordinary density, bandwidth and analog conversion choices. Each PCIe card has 1 mezzanine IO sites which can support up to 2 WILDSTAR Mezzanine cards as well as a QSFP+ option (on WS7 and WS A5 board) that allows for 3 QSFP+ transceivers per slot. These options can be mix and matched to meet customer needs. Some configurations utilize a second slot (for example the QSFP+ option and WILDSTAR Mezzanine card used in a single IO Site).
There is also an optional IRIG-B module, which occupies it’s own slot and provides a connector to access LVDS FPGA signals as well as an SMA for the IRIG-B input.
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILDSTAR 7 for PCIe boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors across the board monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILDSTAR 7 for PCIe boards are built with a rugged, durable design.
One, Two or Three XILINX VIRTEX-7 FPGAS
- VX690T or VX980T
- Up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth
- Up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth
- PCIe Gen3 8x Connections from each FPGA to on-board PCIe switch
Mechanical and Environmental
- Accepts Standard Annapolis WILDSTAR Mezzanine Cards, including a wide variety of WILDSTAR ADC and DAC Mezzanine Cards
- Integrated Air-Cooled Heat Sink available in Passive or Active configurations
- Heat Sink also serves as a Ruggedizing Board Stiffener
- Available in Extended Temperature Grades
- Auxiliary Power Connector
PCI Express Bus and Front Panel I/O
- 8x or 16x PCIe Gen3 bus to Host
- DMA support on PCIe Bus for 7 GB/s of bi-directional bandwidth
- Three optional Front Panel QSFP+ Transceivers running at up to 52.4 each Gbps for 19.5 GB/s of Full Duplex Bandwidth
- QSFP+ Protocol Agnostic connections support 10/40Gb Ethernet, SDR/DDR/QDR Infiniband, AnnapMicro protocol and user-designed protocols
- Full CoreFire Next™ Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- 10/40Gb Ethernet and AnnapMicro Protocol Cores Included
- Open VHDL Model including Source Code for Hardware Interfaces and Chipscope Access
- Open VHDL IP Package for Communication Interfaces
- Drivers and APIs for Host Systems running Windows and Linux are included
- Diagnostic monitoring and configuration
- Current,Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
Up to three Altera Stratix® V FPGAs per board with choice of GX parts up to 5SGXAB or GS parts up to 5SGSD8, up to 192 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 118 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth and up to 16 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 128 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.8 million logic […]
The Annapolis 1U PCIe server is designed to support up to three high power FPGA cards with dual power connectors and PCI Express Gen3 x16 to each double slot. It also features dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 multicore CPUs with DDR4 memory, built-in dual 1000BASE-T/10GBASE-T and redundant power supplies.
The Annapolis 4U PCIe Server is designed to support up to eight high power FPGA cards with dual power connectors and PCI Express Gen3 x16 to each double slot. It also features dual Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 multicore CPUs with DDR3 memory, built-in dual 1000BASE-T/10GBASE-T and redundant power supplies.