WILD FMC+ SM21 ADC & DAC – WWSM21
This ultra-low-latency COTS ADC and DAC Card is specifically designed for DRFM applications.
Compatible with any WILDSTAR mainboard with a WFMC+ slot.
The WILD FMC+ SM21 ADC & DAC was designed from the ground up for latency-sensitive DRFM applications. The Board Support Interface, which is available in VHDL or CoreFire Next Application Design Suite, was also designed from the beginning to be suited for DRFM applications. This interface provides a Digital Bypass Mode to achieve the lowest possible latency and a Fabric Space Mode to allow the user to do additional processing and manipulation of the ADC data before returning it out the DAC. The Board Support Interface also includes a built-in Bypass Delay which can be controlled to be from 0 to 124 ADC sample clock periods, with each step equaling 4 Fs periods. This allows the user to “walk” the latency out from the minimum Digital Bypass Mode latency to slightly beyond the Fabric Space Latency, providing for a smooth latency transition between the two modes.
The CoreFire Next Design Suite, Annapolis’ FPGA Design Tool, allows the user to design an ultra-low latency DRFM-optimized application in minutes.
The WILD FMC+ SM21 ADC & DAC is shipped with a custom heatsink which enables proper cooling of the ADC. An on-board temperature monitor is also supplied which allows for real-time monitoring of the ADC’s internal die temperature.
The WILD FMC+ SM21 ADC & DAC provides high fidelity and high speed analog-to-digital conversion along with a rugged design.
See all of the Annapolis Mezz Cards.
- Single Channel 10-bit ADC and 12-bit DAC running at up to 2.5GSps each
- Ultra Low latency from ADC SMA input to DAC SMA output
- Digital Bypass Mode has built-in run-time adjustable delay providing additional delay from 0ns up to 124 Sclk periods
- Capability to have two ADC channels and two DAC channels in one 6U OpenVPX slot when plugged into WILDSTAR OpenVPX FPGA cards
- Compatible with any WILDSTAR mainboard with a WFMC+ slot
- Firmware and Software Board Support Interface provided in CoreFire Next and VHDL source
ADC and DAC Performance
- Sample Rate: 400 – 2500MSps
- ADC Resolution: 10 bits
- DAC Resolution: 12 bits
- One Analog Input
- One Analog Output
- One External PLL Reference Input
- One High Precision Trigger Input
- One Differential External Clock Input
Mechanical and Environmental
- Integrated Heatsink and EMI / Crosstalk Shields
- Commercial and Industrial Temperatures Available
- Air Cooled and Conduction Cooled supported
- Software-selectable external clock input or onboard PLL clock
- All ADCs and DACs across multiple mezzanine cards can be synchronized to the same sample using WILDSTAR Clock Distribution Boards
- Provides capability to configure 20+ ADC and DAC channels in one COTS Annapolis 19” OpenVPX Chassis