WILDSTAR 6 Conduction Cooled for 6U OpenVPX
Up to two Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGAs per board with FPGA sizes up to LX550T or SX475T. They are available with up to 8 GBytes DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s, 256 MBytes QDR/DDRII+ SRAM for 14.4 GB/s or 1.1 GBytes of RLDRAM2 for 25.6 GB/s. Up to 1 million logic cells and 1.8 million multiplier bits per board. Air or Conduction Cooled.
These FPGA boards include 2 Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGAs with up to 36 High Speed Serial connections performing up to 6.5 Gbps. The IO Processing Element (IOPE) FPGA also has a choice of QDRII SRAM, DDRII+ SRAM, RLDRAM2 or DDR3 DRAM. The IOPE RLDRAM/DRAM options have four 32-bit DRAM ports clocked at up to 400 MHz while the SRAM options have four 36-bit SRAM interfaces clocked up to 200 MHz.
WILDSTAR™ 6 for OpenVPX computing is a revolutionary technology combining user-programmable, reconfigurable system gates with very high memory and I/O bandwidth capacities, which allow for high-density and high-performance system designs. The Virtex™-6 family of products is an evolution of WILDSTAR family of products with enhancements that allow for more simplistic, but accelerated design development. Virtex™-6 products allow for low power consumption, which enables higher clock frequency and better noise margins. This significant power savings greatly reduces cost.
Virtex™-6 FPGAs contain two platforms: LXT and SXT. Virtex™-6 LXT offers high-performance logic applications solutions. LXT has the highest logic-to-feature ratio and the highest I/O-to-feature ratio. Virtex™-6 SXT is a high-performance solution for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications. SXT has the highest DSP-to-feature ratio and the highest memory-to-feature ratio.
The above FPGA platforms can be used on the WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX mainboard for a variety of applications, dependent upon customer needs. Computational PEs (CPEs) and IOPEs are populated with either LXT or SXT Virtex™-6 FPGAs, which are specified for different types of applications. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX 80×80 Crossbar boards allow for one CPE and two IOPEs. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX 40×40 Crossbar boards allow for two IOPEs.
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors across the board monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX boards are built with a rugged, durable design.
Review other OpenVPX 6U and Xilinx FPGA boards.
- Up to Three Virtex™ 6 FPGA Processing Elements
- XC6VLX240T, LX365T, LX550T, SX315T, or SX475T
- Up to a CPE Board Total of 3 GB DDR2 DRAM or 192 MB DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM
- SRAM in 5 or 6 Memory Banks for the Computational FPGA on Board
- Up to an IOPE Board Total of 4 GB DDR2 DRAM or 256 MB DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM
- SRAM Arranged in 4 Memory Banks for each of Two IO FPGAs on Board
- On Board Host AMCC 460EX PowerPC with Clock Speeds up to 1GHz
- 512 MB DRAM for PowerPC
- 64 MB NOR FLASH
- 4 GB NAND FLASH to Store FPGA Images and for Application Data
- 4X PCI Express Gen 1 Between PPC and PCI Controller
- Host Software : Linux, VxWorks – API and Device Drivers
- Full CoreFire™ Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- Open VHDL Model including Source Code for Hardware Interfaces and ChipScope Access
- Open VHDL IP Package for Communication Interfaces
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors via API Software Interface
- Accepts Standard Annapolis WILDSTAR Mezzanine Cards
- Infiniband, 10G Ethernet and SFPDP
- Integrated Heat Sink
- Full IPMI Chassis Management Support
The following documentation is available for registered users of our site. Please log in or feel free to register for our site.
For additional documentation, please contact your Sales Representative.
- Virtex 6,
- WILDSTAR 6