WILDSTAR 6 Conduction Cooled for 6U OpenVPX
Up to two Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGAs per board with FPGA sizes up to LX550T or SX475T. They are available with up to 8 GBytes DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s, 256 MBytes QDR/DDRII+ SRAM for 14.4 GB/s or 1.1 GBytes of RLDRAM2 for 25.6 GB/s. Up to 1 million logic cells and 1.8 million multiplier bits per board. Air or Conduction Cooled.
These FPGA boards include 2 Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGAs with up to 36 High Speed Serial connections performing up to 6.5 Gbps. The IO Processing Element (IOPE) FPGA also has a choice of QDRII SRAM, DDRII+ SRAM, RLDRAM2 or DDR3 DRAM. The IOPE RLDRAM/DRAM options have four 32-bit DRAM ports clocked at up to 400 MHz while the SRAM options have four 36-bit SRAM interfaces clocked up to 200 MHz.
WILDSTAR™ 6 for OpenVPX computing is a revolutionary technology combining user-programmable, reconfigurable system gates with very high memory and I/O bandwidth capacities, which allow for high-density and high-performance system designs. The Virtex™-6 family of products is an evolution of WILDSTAR family of products with enhancements that allow for more simplistic, but accelerated design development. Virtex™-6 products allow for low power consumption, which enables higher clock frequency and better noise margins. This significant power savings greatly reduces cost.
Virtex™-6 FPGAs contain two platforms: LXT and SXT. Virtex™-6 LXT offers high-performance logic applications solutions. LXT has the highest logic-to-feature ratio and the highest I/O-to-feature ratio. Virtex™-6 SXT is a high-performance solution for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications. SXT has the highest DSP-to-feature ratio and the highest memory-to-feature ratio.
The above FPGA platforms can be used on the WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX mainboard for a variety of applications, dependent upon customer needs. Computational PEs (CPEs) and IOPEs are populated with either LXT or SXT Virtex™-6 FPGAs, which are specified for different types of applications. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX 80×80 Crossbar boards allow for one CPE and two IOPEs. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX 40×40 Crossbar boards allow for two IOPEs.
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors across the board monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILDSTAR 6 for OpenVPX boards are built with a rugged, durable design.
- Up to Three Virtex™ 6 FPGA Processing Elements
- XC6VLX240T, LX365T, LX550T, SX315T, or SX475T
- Up to a CPE Board Total of 3 GB DDR2 DRAM or 192 MB DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM
- SRAM in 5 or 6 Memory Banks for the Computational FPGA on Board
- Up to an IOPE Board Total of 4 GB DDR2 DRAM or 256 MB DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM
- SRAM Arranged in 4 Memory Banks for each of Two IO FPGAs on Board
- On Board Host AMCC 460EX PowerPC with Clock Speeds up to 1GHz
- 512 MB DRAM for PowerPC
- 64 MB NOR FLASH
- 4 GB NAND FLASH to Store FPGA Images and for Application Data
- 4X PCI Express Gen 1 Between PPC and PCI Controller
- Host Software : Linux, VxWorks – API and Device Drivers
- Full CoreFire™ Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- Open VHDL Model including Source Code for Hardware Interfaces and ChipScope Access
- Open VHDL IP Package for Communication Interfaces
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors via API Software Interface
- Accepts Standard Annapolis WILDSTAR Mezzanine Cards
- Infiniband, 10G Ethernet and SFPDP
- Integrated Heat Sink
- Full IPMI Chassis Management Support