WILDSTAR 6 /AMC
One Virtex 6 FPGA per board with FPGA sizes up to LX550T or SX475T. Memory options of either up to 2.5 GBytes DDR3 DRAM for 16 GB/s or up to 64 MBytes DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM for 12.6 GB/s. Up to 549K logic cells and 907K multiplier bits per board. Air Cooled Only.
These FPGA boards include one Xilinx Virtex 6 FPGA with up to 36 High Speed Serial connections performing up to 6.5 Gbps. The IO Processing Element (IOPE) FPGA also has a choice of QDRII SRAM, DDRII+ SRAM or DDR3 DRAM. The IOPE DRAM option has five 32-bit DRAM ports clocked at up to 400 MHz while the SRAM option has four 36-bit SRAM interfaces clocked up to 350 MHz.
WILDSTAR™ 6 /AMC computing is a revolutionary technology combining user-programmable, reconfigurable system gates with very high memory and I/O bandwidth capacities, which allow for high-density and high-performance system designs.
Virtex™-6 FPGAs contain two platforms: LXT and SXT. Virtex™-6 LXT offers high-performance logic applications solutions. LXT has the highest logic-to-feature ratio and the highest I/O-to-feature ratio. Virtex™-6 SXT is a high-performance solution for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) applications. SXT has the highest DSP-to-feature ratio and the highest memory-to-feature ratio.
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILDSTAR 6 /AMC boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors across the board monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILDSTAR 6 /AMC boards are built with a rugged, durable design.
MicroTCA is complementary to the PICMG3.0 Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture (AdvancedTCA or PICMG3). Where AdvancedTCA is optimized for very high capacity, high performance applications, MicroTCA is designed to address cost-sensitive and physically smaller applications with lower capacity, performance, and perhaps less stringent availability requirements. MicroTCA preserves many of the important philosophies of AdvancedTCA, including basic interconnect topologies and management structure.
MicroTCA is a modular standard. By configuring highly diverse collections of AdvancedMCs in a MicroTCA Shelf, many different application architectures can be easily realized. The common elements defined by MicroTCA are capable of interconnecting these AdvancedMCs in many interesting ways—powering and managing them, all at high efficiency and low cost.
- One Virtex™ 6 FPGA Processing Element
- XC6VLX240T, LX365T, LX550T, SX315T, or SX475T
- Up to 2.6 GB DDR2 DRAM in 5 Memory Banks for FPGA on Board or
- Up to 2.6 GB DDR3 DRAM in 5 Memory Banks for FPGA on Board or
- Up to 64 MB DDRII+ or QDRII SRAM in 4 Memory Banks for FPGA on Board
- On Board Host Freescale P1020 or P2020 PowerPC
- 512 MB or 1 GB DDR3 DRAM for PowerPC
- 64 MB NOR FLASH
- Up to 16 GB NAND FLASH to Store FPGA Images and for Application Data
- 4X PCI Express Gen 1 or Serial RapidIO Between PPC and FPGA
- Host Software : Linux, VxWorks – API & Device Drivers
- Full CoreFire™ Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- Open VHDL Model including Source Code for Hardware Interfaces and ChipScope Access
- Open VHDL IP Package for Communication Interfaces
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors via API Software Interface and via MMC
- Supports VITA 57 FMC I/O Cards
- Integrated Heat Sink
- Hot Swappable
- Full IPMI Chassis Management Support
- Clock from Backplane or from FMC I/O Card