WILD FMC+ GM62 ADC & DAC – WWGM62
This high density WILD FMC+ GM62 ADC & DAC features Gen 3 Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ RF System-on-Chip (RFSoC) technology. It provides 8 ADC channels and 2 DAC channels.
The GM62 is available for use with Annapolis’ WILDSTAR PCIe and OpenVPX Baseboards. Also designed for standalone use, the GM62 is designed for applications limited by Size, Weight, Power, and Cost (SWaP-C). This WILD FMC+ card operates within a tight envelope; it is slimmer than a 3U OpenVPX board, with about 45% less depth.
The versatile GM62 is ideal for advanced High Performance Computing (HPC), Radar, and Electronic Warfare (EW) applications, including DRFM, beamforming, sensor processing, wireless communication, and radar signal processing.
The GM62’s integrated Xilinx RFSoC combines FPGA processing and A/D and D/A Converters in a single chip, giving the board remarkable density and performance:
- 8-Channel 4.0-5.0GSps 12/14b ADC
- 2-Channel 6.4-10.0GSps 14b DAC
The GM62 provides high fidelity and high speed analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion along with a rugged design.
For large deployments requiring significant processing capability, synchronize multiple RFSoC cards.
The GM62 is shipped with a custom heatsink which enables proper cooling. An on-board temperature monitor is also supplied which allows for real-time monitoring of the RFSoC’s internal die temperature.
See all of the Annapolis Mezz Cards.
- Integrates Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC FPGA: ZU27DR, ZU28DR, or ZU47DR
- Ultra-low latency from ADC SMA input to DAC SMA output
- High-density and high ADC/DAC channel count. Capability to have eight (3U) or sixteen (6U) ADC channels and two (3U) or four (6U) DAC channels in one OpenVPX slot. (Higher channel counts also available.)
- Compatible with any WILDSTAR mainboard with a WFMC+ slot
- Firmware and Software for data transmit interface and clock trigger synchronization provided in CoreFire Next and VHDL source
ADC and DAC Performance
- Channels: 8
- Max Sample Rate: 5.0GSps
- Resolution: 14 bit
- Channels: 2
- Max Sample Rate: 10.0GSps
- Resolution: 14 bit
- Higher channel configurations also available
- Optional 50Ω SSMC or VITA 67
Mechanical and Environmental
- Integrated Heatsink and EMI / Crosstalk Shields
- Commercial and Industrial Temperatures Available
- Software-selectable external clock input or onboard PLL clock
- All ADCs and DACs across multiple RFSoC cards can be synchronized using WILDSTAR Clock Distribution Boards and select WILDSTAR Backplanes