WILD FMC+ GM60 ADC & DAC – WWGM60
This high density WILD FMC+ GM60 ADC & DAC is the industry’s first COTS FMC+ Mezzanine to feature the new Xilinx® Zynq® UltraScale+™ RF System-on-Chip (RFSoC) technology. The flexible RFSoC device can support many different configurations and combinations of ADCs and DACs.
The GM60 is Annapolis’ first offering of the RFSoC, and provides 4 channels each of ADC and DAC. Contact Annapolis for other potential combinations.
The GM60 is available for use with Annapolis’ WILDSTAR PCIe and OpenVPX Baseboards.
Also designed for stand-alone use, the GM60 is designed for applications limited by Size, Weight, Power, and Cost (SWaP-C). This WILD FMC+ card operates within a tight envelope; it is slimmer than a 3U OpenVPX board, with about 45% less depth.
The versatile GM60 is ideal for advanced High Performance Computing (HPC), Radar, and Electronic Warfare (EW) applications, including DRFM, beamforming, sensor processing, wireless communication, and radar signal processing.
The GM60’s integrated Xilinx RFSoC combines FPGA processing and A/D and D/A Converters in a single chip, giving the board remarkable density and performance:
- 4-Channel 4.0GSps 12b ADC
- 4-Channel 6.4GSps 14b DAC
The RFSoC also includes a multi-processor embedded ARM® Cortex-A53 Application Processing Unit (APU) and an ARM Real Time Processing Unit (RPU).
The GM60 provides high fidelity and high speed analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion along with a rugged design.
For large deployments requiring significant processing capability, synchronize multiple RFSoC cards.
The GM60 is shipped with a custom heatsink which enables proper cooling of the ADC. An on-board temperature monitor is also supplied which allows for real-time monitoring of the ADC’s internal die temperature.
See all of the Annapolis Mezz Cards.
- Integrates Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ RFSoC FPGA: ZU25DR, ZU27DR, or ZU28DR
- Ultra-low latency from ADC SMA input to DAC SMA output
- High-density and high ADC/DAC channel count. Capability to have four (3U) or eight (6U) ADC and DAC channels in one OpenVPX slot.
- Compatible with any WILDSTAR mainboard with a WFMC+ slot
- Firmware and Software for four channel data transmit interface and clock trigger synchronization provided in CoreFire Next and VHDL source
ADC and DAC Performance
- Channels: 4
- Max Sample Rate: 4.0GSps
- Resolution: 12 bit
- Channels: 4
- Max Sample Rate: 6.4GSps
- Resolution: 14 bit
- Optional 50Ω SSMC or VITA 67
- Ten I/O Connectors
- Four Analog Outputs
- Four Analog Inputs
- One Clock Input
- One Trigger Input
Mechanical and Environmental
- Integrated Heatsink and EMI / Crosstalk Shields
- Commercial and Industrial Temperatures Available
- Software-selectable external clock input or onboard PLL clock
- All ADCs and DACs across multiple RFSoC cards can be synchronized using WILDSTAR Clock Distribution Boards and select WILDSTAR Backplanes