WILD Data Storage Solution – 9.3 TB/Slot
When Storage capability is needed, Annapolis offers the highest density OpenVPX storage solutions on the market with up to 9.3 TB of capacity in a single 1” slot with up to 4.5 GB/s of write bandwidth. It also features a removable hot swappable canister with a connector rated for 10,000+ mating cycles. The WILD Data Storage Solution comes with standard images to support XAUI, 40GbE and AnnapMicro Protocol (Annapolis low FPGA utilization, full flow control protocol ideal for inter-FPGA communication).
The WILD Data Storage Solution is comprised of two pieces fitting in a single 1” OpenVPX slot, the “storage canister” which holds up to 12 1.8” SATA disks, and the “Storage Carrier” that plugs into the VPX backplane and holds the disk canister.
The Storage Carrier/Canister is specifically designed to support 10,000+ insertion cycles of the disk canister for frequent drive removal. Both the canister and the entire assembly (Storage Canister + Storage Carrier) are also hot swappable for minimum system down time and highest reliability. This OpenVPX compliant payload card supports 40Gb serial I/O on the VPX Data Plane on P1 to support four channels of 40GbE (proper backplane required for faster rates).
To ensure safe and reliable processing, WILD Data Storage Solution boards come equipped with a proactive thermal management system. Sensors across the board monitor power and temperature, with automatic shutdown capability to prevent excessive heat buildup. WILD Data Storage Solution boards are built with a rugged, durable design. Sensors can be accessed with a chassis manager (ChMC).
- 9.3 TB of Storage Per Each 6U VITA 65 Compliant OpenVPX Slot
- Total Storage Depth:
- Commercial: 5.6 or 9.3 TB of Storage Per Slot
- Industrial: 5.6 TB of Storage Per Slot
- Bandwidth (write bandwidth determined by system environmentals):
- Commercial: Up to 4.5 GB/s Write and 5 GB/s Read
- Industrial: Up to 5.2 GB/s Write and 6.2 GB/s Read
- Fully scalable within Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. OpenVPX chassis by using multiple boards.
- Hot Swappable Drive Canister with 10,000 Insertion Cycles & Hot Swappable Carrier (exclusive to WILDSTAR OpenVPX EcoSystem)
- Up to 40Gb Ethernet on each of Four Fat Pipes on P1, for a total of 20GB/s on P1
- 1 Additional Fat Pipe on P4 providing QSFP+ connection via RTM
- 40Gb Ethernet Connection on P4
- Client/Server Interface for WILDSTAR FPGA Boards and Linux and Windows-based CPU systems
- Extensive System and Drive Diagnostic Monitoring and Configuration over 1 Gb Ethernet via P1 and P4 Ethernet
- Standard Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) to Monitor Current, Voltage and Temperature
- Front Panel Status LEDs for all 12 SSDs and all Backplane Control and Data Plane Connections
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Supports OpenVPX Payload Profile: MOD6-PAY-4F1Q2U2T-12.2.1-n
- Integrated Heat Sink
- Air Cooled with Product Path to Conduction Cooling
Supports 1GbE, XAUI, 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE, and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR Infiniband. It has dual 1/10GbE SFP+ front panel control plane uplinks and eight front panel data plane QSFPs. It supports up to 20 1GbE backplane control plane connections and 20 XAUI/40GbE/Infiniband data plane connections.
Up to three Xilinx Virtex 7 FPGAs per board with VX690T or VX980T FPGAs, up to 4 GB of DDR3 DRAM for 25.6 GB/s of DRAM bandwidth and up to 128 MB of QDRII+ SRAM for 64 GB/s of SRAM bandwidth. Up to 2.9 million logic cells and 4.9 million multiplier bits per board.