WILDSTAR 3XV7 3U OpenVPX FPGA Processor – WB3XV7
The WILDSTAR 3XV7 integrates Xilinx's new Versal™ Premium VP1502 or VP1702 FPGA. It features optional 6x100G optical transceivers to VITA 66 backplane and optional front panel RS422/RS485 GPIO interface.
It is 100GbE-enabled, SOSA-aligned, and highly rugged and thermally-controlled.
Need the same Versal power and SOSA alignment and 100GbE capability in a 6U VPX form factor? See the WILDSTAR 6XV4 6U OpenVPX Board.
These SOSA-aligned Plug-In Cards (PIC) include one Versal Premium VP1502/VP1702 FPGA and have five 32-bit LPDDR4 DRAM ports running up to 3700 MT/s.
There is also an on-board dual-core ARM CPU running up to 1.4 GHz which can be used for local application requirements. It is accessible over backplane PCIe or Ethernet and provides dedicated AXI interfaces to all FPGAs. It is also used to query board health like FPGA temperature and power. It is connected to the OpenVPX control plane via 1GbE.
The air-cooled 3XV7 is hot swappable, allowing for more system reliability. This feature is unique to Annapolis and was developed because our experience with OpenVPX systems has shown it invaluable, so a whole chassis does not need to be shutdown to remove a single board.
Review other OpenVPX 3U and Xilinx FPGA boards.
- One Versal™ Premium VP1502/VP1702 FPGA
- Up to 10,896 DSP Slices and 5,557,720 logic cells
- Up to 541 Mb of High Bandwidth, Low Latency UltraRAM
- Five 32-bit LPDDR4 DRAM ports running up to 3700 MT/s
- Dual-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex-A72 running up to 1.4GHz
- Dual-core 32-bit Cortex-R5F real-time processor running up to 600MHz
- Optional Front panel RS422/RS485 GPIO interface
- Optional 6x100G Optical Transceivers to VITA 66 Backplane Interface
- Multiple levels of hardware and software security
Mechanical and Environmental
- 3U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.2 spacing
- Supports OpenVPX payload profile:
- SLT3-PAY-1F1U1S1S1U1U2F1H-14.6.11-n (SOSA Primary)
- SLT3-PAY-1F1U1S1S1U1U4F1J-14.6.13-n (SOSA Secondary)
- Available with 85C ambient air temperature or card edge support and -55C power-on
- Available with -65C to 105C storage temperature
- Air, Air-Flow-Through or Conduction Cooled
- Only requires +12V and +3.3VAUX from backplane
- Developed in alignment with the SOSA™ Technical Standard 1.0
- RT3 backplane connectors for 100G support
- Full Board Support Package for Fast and Easy Application Development
- VHDL flow supports High-Level Synthesis (HLS)
The following documentation is available for registered users of our site. Please log in or feel free to register for our site.
For additional documentation, please contact your Sales Representative.