WILD OpenVPX 40 Gb Ethernet and FDR Infiniband Switch
Supports 1GbE, XAUI, 10GbE, 40GbE, 56GbE, and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR Infiniband. It has dual 1/10GbE SFP+ front panel control plane uplinks and eight front panel data plane QSFPs. It supports up to 20 1GbE backplane control plane connections and 20 XAUI/40GbE/Infiniband data plane connections.
The WILD™ OpenVPX 40Gbit Switch Card is extremely versatile since it is capable of switching both Infiniband (SDR, DDR, QDR, FDR) and Ethernet (1Gb, 10Gb, 40Gb, 56Gb) traffic with up to 4 Tb/s of non-blocking switching capacity. The WILD OpenVPX 40 Gb Ethernet and FDR Infiniband Switch also supports chassis management and can act as a Chassis Manager (ChMC). The 1Gb Ethernet control plane supports up to 20 backplane ports and two front panel SFP+ which can run at 1GbE or 10GbE. The data and control planes are located on different virtual networks to ensure best performance on each.
Basic configuration is streamlined where all required features are selected by DIP switches. A front panel USB serial port allows configuration of management Ethernet interfaces if needed (DHCP is the default configuration). Software updates, if needed, are completed via a simple web interface which can also be disabled via USB serial console. Front panel status LEDs show the status of every switch port (link/activity) as well as overall status and health of the WILD OpenVPX 40 Gb Ethernet and FDR Infiniband Switch.
The front panel RJ45 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet port is used for switch management and is connected directly to the on-board PowerPC. There is also an optional “in band” Ethernet connection from the PowerPC to the control plane. Note that not all switch configurations support the “in-band” management connection.
- 1/10/40/56 Gb Ethernet and SDR/DDR/QDR/FDR Infiniband
- Up to Four Tb/s Non-Blocking Switching Capacity with up to Eight Switch Partitions
Backplane & Front panel I/O
- Backplane Ports: Twenty High Speed Four Lane Data Plane Connections, Sixteen 1Gb Ethernet Lanes
- Front Panel Ports: Eight QSFP+, Two SFP+, RJ45 Management Port, USB UART, Status LEDs
- Each Backplane and Front Panel Port can be Configured for either Infiniband or Ethernet
- Infiniband and IP Routing
- Ethernet Gateways
- System Management using Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Diagnostic monitoring and configuration
- Current, Voltage and Temperature Monitoring Sensors
- Hot Swappable (exclusive to WILDSTAR OpenVPX EcoSystem)
Mechanical and Environmental
- 6U OpenVPX (VITA 65) Compliant, 1” VITA 48.1 spacing
- Supports OpenVPX Slot Profile: SLT6-SWH-16U20F-10.4.2-n
- Integrated Heat Sink and Board Stiffener