Do you love to help people secure their dream job and succeed in it? Do you embrace the challenge of finding and landing just the right candidate for hard-to-fill technical positions? Are you equally excited to support dozens of engineering, manufacturing, and office colleagues in our innovative and friendly work environment?
Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. is seeking a resourceful and detail-oriented Recruiter and HR Assistant to help with all phases of the full-cycle recruiting process, plus internal HR tasks. You will be recruiting and retaining talent for high-profile programs that have an important bearing on national security and computing technology.
Envision yourself playing an important role on a growing team that supplies world-class electronic products to all the major defense contractors, many Fortune 500 companies, and multiple government agencies.
Join us and become part of the future of computing technology!
The Recruiter and HR Assistant will assist with the full cycle recruiting process, from creating job descriptions and ads for positions, finding and screening potential new hires, assisting with interviews and selection, to onboarding and training of new employees. They will use career websites and personal networks to locate prospective employees, contact individuals for interviews, assess and analyze candidates for employment, assist in the final hiring process, and aid first day onboarding.
In addition to the traditional recruiting aspects, the Recruiter and HR Assistant will assist with varying HR-related needs, from creating HR documents, tracking employee training, conducting exit interviews, assisting with employee questions, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with directors or managers to determine hiring needs for the corporation for both permanent employees, as well as co-ops and interns
- Create new and edit previous Job Descriptions and Job Ads for hiring needs
- Use sites like LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter and Indeed to research potential candidates and post available positions
- Contact potential hires about open positions and conduct screenings of candidates
- Explain requirements, duties, and responsibilities of open positions, as well as the benefits of the position
- Assess candidates to determine their fit for the position
- Create and maintain interview reports on each screened and interviewed candidate
- Create short list of potential hires and present information to HR Manager and other directors and managers for review
- Schedule interviews
- Assist in any final needs of hiring process requested by corporations’ managers such as call references, obtain transcripts, collect additional information, etc.
- Provide advice on ways to improve recruiting and HR procedures when necessary
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals in the industry for the purposes of future hiring
- Assist with college recruiting for co-op and internship program, including travel for career fairs
- Assist in HR related duties as needed, including but not limited to preparation of documents, training, reviews, exit interviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field
- Experience in recruiting and HR-related duties a plus
- Proficient with career websites such as LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter and Indeed
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- U.S. Citizenship