As an Essential Business with mission-critical commitments, Annapolis Micro Systems is full speed ahead. To maintain our positive momentum, we are seeking multiple Assemblers.
We offer the variety, challenge, and stability you are looking for. We perform both government and commercial work, and members of our small, tight-knit team get to wear multiple hats. You will be working on high-profile programs that have an important bearing on national security and computing technology.
Woman-founded in 1982 and located in beautiful Annapolis, Maryland, we have a long history of designing and building the highest-performing embedded computing products. We offer a professional, friendly environment, with the opportunity to be compensated well for doing cutting-edge work.
Our production team is a close-knit group of professionals who are upbeat, talented, and extremely proud of their work and the cutting-edge products they produce. We use automated Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment to assemble our own high-quality printed circuit cards. Are attention to detail and excellent soldering abilities among your key strengths? Do you enjoy reading schematics and implementing ECOs? Do you like getting things right and seeing a task through to completion? Can you see yourself playing an important role on a team dedicated to producing world-class quality electronic products? We are searching for an organized, detail-oriented, and friendly person to join our production team and take pride in sending products to test with zero defects.
Join us and become part of the future of computing technology!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solder THT and SMT components per IPC A 610 Class III Standards
- Rework and touch up per IPC A 610 Class III Standards
- Assemble PCBs into complex modules
- Build cable and chassis assemblies
- Press-fit connectors using a benchtop manual press
- Implement ECOs
- Inspect incoming material: PCBs, panels, heatsinks, etc.
- Complete final assembly of products
- Build prototypes for Engineering using schematics
- Keep Manufacturing consumables stocked, communicate stock levels and requirements to Purchasing team
- Minimum High School or GED or equivalent
- Has received, or are willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine
- Certified to J-STD-001 preferred
- Excellent Soldering Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Able to adapt to change
- Manual Dexterity
- Able to lift 20 lbs