If you are a strong independent high-energy salesperson, with experience in high-tech embedded products, who wants an opportunity to earn top dollar - then this is the job for you. Join Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. and become a key member of our truly exceptional team.
We are looking for a hunter type who will continue the Annapolis Micro Systems presence and growth in the market. We have the highest performance products and a fantastic engineering group to back you up. Annapolis Micro Systems offers Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) technology and support to solve many of the higher performance military/aerospace signal processing, data acquisition, radar, and communication problems. Our suite of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based products covers ADCs, DACs, communications interface modules, and storage solutions to bring a total solution to our customers. These are supported on VME, VXS, VPX, PCIe, AMC, and IBM Blade motherboards.
Our CoreFire Next FPGA Application Development Tool enables the development of highly efficient, extremely fast FPGA applications by algorithm experts and systems engineers in a fraction of the time required by any other tool, giving our customers and Annapolis a substantial market edge.
In business since 1982, Annapolis Micro Systems is a high-performance technology development and manufacturing company that is also family-owned, oriented, and run. Annapolis Micro places the highest value on integrity and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Territory Sales Manager will represent the full portfolio of products and services during the various phases of the sales cycle. As a key player in the RFP/RFQ response process, the Territory Sales Manager must fully understand the range of Annapolis products and services that can be used to satisfy customers’ requirements and will ensure that the full value proposition is conveyed to the customer.
The candidate must understand the technical requirements from a broad spectrum of future DoD Programs/Platforms and the ability to help ensure that the company is well-positioned to provide effective product and service solutions.
- Develop relationships with key customers to drive the growth of product and services sales
- Setting and successfully achieving business goals, including orders, shipments, customer satisfaction, new design wins
- Develop relationships that enable and influence technical directions on the selected programs and be able to provide superior quality insight over the life of these programs
- Develop and provide detailed presentations on Annapolis portfolio, including system level design and application implementation to DoD/MoD/Lead Lab contacts and key target system integrators
- Gain access to forward-looking customer technology trends and bring these insights back to the headquarters for incorporation into our product strategies
- Build and maintain an 18-month rolling forecast
- Travel pre-COVID was approaching 40%, depending on office location. During COVID, nearly all meetings are done via web conference
- Attend shows and conventions as needed. During COVID, most conventions have been canceled or moved online
- 5+ years experience in a technical sales or business development role, preferably in the military/aerospace market
- Has received, or are willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine
- A broad and deep base of technical knowledge including military and aerospace computing platform applications (mission computing, control and signal processing and associated communications and display electronics, networking etc.)
- Strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad cross-section of team members from senior management to development engineers both at customer sites and within the Annapolis organization.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people and to explain complex technical strategies to executives and program/procurement managers.
- Demonstrated experience in forging relationships and partnerships with senior decision-makers within other corporate entities
- Success in identifying business opportunities and exploiting their potential
- Knowledge of the defense and aerospace program life cycle and decision gates
- Forward-looking in defining future opportunities and risks
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of overall business objectives and impact on business projections
- Resourceful and rapid learning abilities to achieve breadth to perform duties on his/her own
- Innovation and creativity
- Strong drive to complete tasks
- B.S. in a Technical field
- Existing U.S. government security clearance or ability to gain a plus