If you are a strong independent high energy sales person, with experience in high tech embedded products, who wants an opportunity to earn top dollar - then this is the job for you. Join Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. and become a key member of our truly exceptional team.
We are looking for a hunter type who will continue the Annapolis Micro Systems presence and growth in the market. We have the highest performance products and a fantastic engineering group to back you up. Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. offers Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) technology and support to solve many of the higher performance military/aerospace signal processing, data acquisition, radar and communication problems. Our suite of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based products covers A/Ds, DACs, communications interface modules and storage solutions to bring a total solution to our customers. These are supported on VME, VXS, VPX, PCIe, AMC and IBM Blade motherboards.
Our CoreFire Next FPGA Application Development Tool enables the development of highly efficient, extremely fast FPGA applications by algorithm experts and systems engineers in a fraction of the time required by any other tool, giving our customers and Annapolis a substantial market edge.
In business under the same management since 1982, Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. was honored to place on the Inc5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
A family oriented company, we place the highest value on integrity and excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development Manager will represent the full portfolio of products and services during the various phases of the sales cycle. As a key player in the RFP/RFQ response process, the Sales - Business Development Manager must fully understand the range of Annapolis products and services that can be used to satisfy customer’s requirements and will ensure that the full value proposition is conveyed to the customer.
The candidate must have an understanding of the technical requirements from a broad spectrum of future DoD Programs/Platforms and the ability to help ensure that the company is well positioned to provide effective product and service solutions.
- Develop and provide detailed presentations on Annapolis portfolio, including system level design and application implementation to DoD/MoD/Lead Lab contacts and key target system integrators
- Develop relationships that enable and influence technical directions on the selected programs and be able to provide superior quality insight, over the life of these programs
- Leverage relationships with key COTS customers to drive growth of product and services sales
- Gain access to a wealth of forward-looking technology trends. This person will bring these insights back to the headquarters for incorporation into our product strategies.
- Ensure that the services portfolio is in tune with the needs of the customer base.
- Build and maintain an 18 month rolling forecast
- Travel, approaching 40%, depending on office location
- Attend shows and conventions as needed
- An overall understanding of and experience in a military/aerospace sales or business development role
- A proven strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed
- The candidate should have a broad and deep base of technical knowledge including military and aerospace computing platform applications (mission computing, control and signal processing and associated communications and display electronics, networking etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad cross section of team members from senior management to development engineers both at customer sites and within the Annapolis organization.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people and to explain complex technical strategies to executives and program /procurement managers.
- Demonstrated experience in forging relationships and partnerships with senior decision-makers within other corporate entities
- Success in identifying business opportunities and exploiting their potential
- Knowledge of the defense and aerospace program life cycle and decision gates
- Military work experience an asset
- Forward looking in defining future opportunities and risks
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of overall business objectives and impact on business projections
- Resourceful and rapid learning abilities to achieve breadth to perform duties on his/her own
- Innovation and creativity
- Strong drive to complete tasks
- BS degree
- 5 years success in sales position
- Existing security clearance is a plus