As an Essential Business with mission-critical commitments, Annapolis Micro Systems is full speed ahead. To maintain our positive momentum, we are seeking multiple VHDL Hardware Developers.
We offer the variety, challenge, and stability you are looking for. We perform both government and commercial work, and members of our small, tight-knit team get to wear multiple hats. You will be working on high-profile programs that have an important bearing on national security and computing technology.
Woman-founded in 1982 and located in beautiful Annapolis, Maryland, we have a long history of designing and building the highest-performing embedded computing products. We offer a professional, friendly environment, with the opportunity to be compensated well for doing cutting-edge work.
Develop, maintain and test high-performance FPGA computing systems. Your responsibilities will include designing behavioral VHDL/Java models, designing and testing VHDL/Java to interface between FPGAs and I/O devices, creating VHDL, Java, and C examples, and working with customers. You will work with leading edge high speed analog and digital interfaces, and a variety of hardware platforms including PCI Express, VME, VPX, Blade, and uTCA. You will also have the opportunity to interact directly with our customers in support of the many exciting applications they implement using the FPGA computing products that you have helped create.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop FPGA interfaces to SRAM/DRAM, Multi-Gigabit Transceivers, ADCs/DACs
- Create example applications showcasing features of our FPGA platforms
- Create digital logic cores using Java for use in our CoreFire Next software tool
- Create and maintain documentation for the interfaces and applications you develop
- Strive to continuously improve the quality and reliability of our products
- Work with customers to help them successful with our products
- Teach customers how to use our VHDL models framework and software
- Design for the latest and future Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
- Learn from and work side-by-side the world’s top-notch FPGA experts!
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Preferred Masters Degree
- Proficient in VHDL, Java, and C
- Experience in VHDL and hardware design
- Highly motivated, Organized, resourceful and persistent
- Proven ability to work independently and think creatively to solve problems
- Able to manage multiple technical responsibilities simultaneously
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGAs, Altera FPGAs, EDA design tools and architectures
- Experience in VME, PCIe, Blade, VPX, and uTCA systems