As an Essential Business with mission-critical commitments, Annapolis Micro Systems is full speed ahead. To maintain our positive momentum, we are seeking multiple Software FPGA Application Engineers.
We offer the variety, challenge, and stability you are looking for. We perform both government and commercial work, and members of our small, tight-knit team get to wear multiple hats. You will be working on high-profile programs that have an important bearing on national security and computing technology.
Woman-founded in 1982 and located in beautiful Annapolis, Maryland, we have a long history of designing and building the highest-performing embedded computing products. We offer a professional, friendly environment, with the opportunity to be compensated well for doing cutting-edge work.
Conceive, design, develop, and test a wide range of applications leveraging C / C++ / Java and our patented CoreFire Next and Open Project Builder FPGA Design Suites, targeting our industry-leading COTS FPGA computing products. Your responsibilities will span from application conception through application deployment, including working with the sales team to win programs, working with customers to enumerate and understand requirements, architecting a robust system based on requirements, designing and implementing customer algorithms using our CoreFire Next FPGA Design Suite, developing high-performance graphical interfaces using C / C++ / Java, testing implementations and systems using COTS FPGA computing products, and aiding with integration of deployed systems. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide-ranging set of exciting customer and internal applications, implementing cutting-edge algorithms using industry-leading FPGA products with analog and digital acquisition / transmission technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect FPGA-based computing systems using leading-edge COTS-based FPGA products
- Develop high-performance Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) using C / C++ / Java and graphics libraries
- Design for FPGAs using CoreFire Next, the industry’s best and most innovative FPGA design tool
- Develop and implement Digital Signal Processing (DSP), communications, imaging, and other leading-edge customer algorithms
- Interact with customers regarding application development and application support tasks
- Learn from and work side-by-side with the world’s top FPGA experts
- Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant field
- Proficient in C, C++, and Java, experience with graphics
- Knowledge of digital design practices and methodology
- 5+ years experience in digital design
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new algorithms in a wide range of fields
- Highly motivated, organized, resourceful and persistent
- Proven ability to work independently and with others, to think creatively to solve problems
- Able to manage multiple technical responsibilities simultaneously
- US Citizen
- Knowledge of Xilinx and Altera FPGAs, EDA design tools and architectures
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with compilers, Microsoft Visual Studio, gcc
- Experience in Microsoft Windows, Linux
- Experience in OpenVPX, PCIe, VME/VXS, uTCA
- Experience with various digital communications protocols such as Ethernet and Infiniband
- Experience with DSP, processing data from ADCs, generating data to DACs