Do you find it satisfying to architect a proposed application, then follow it all the way through to deployment? Do you also relish the thought of dipping your fingers in multiple smaller applications, giving you a wider breadth of experience than you would have elsewhere? Annapolis Micro Systems combines the work variety of a small company with the thrill of working on the most advanced algorithms and technologies.
You will work on important, cutting-edge applications in electronic warfare, signals intelligence, radar, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other emerging fields. Our products and systems are deployed in dozens of high-profile programs that have an important bearing on national security and computing technology.
Envision yourself playing an important role on a growing team that supplies world-class electronic products to all the major defense contractors, many Fortune 500 companies, and multiple government agencies.
Join us and become part of the future of computing technology!
Conceive, design, develop and test a wide range of complicated digital signal processing FPGA applications leveraging VHDL or our patented CoreFire Next Design Suite.
Responsibilities include working with the Sales Team to win programs, working with customers to understand requirements, architecting a robust system, designing and implementing customer algorithms, testing implementations using our industry-leading FPGA products, and aiding with the integration of deployed systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Architect FPGA-based parallel processing computing systems using Annapolis Micro Systems Products
- Architect OpenVPX DSP systems using Annapolis Micro Systems products for applications such as Electronic Warfare (EW), Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Software Defined Radio (SDR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and Digital Beamforming (DBF)
- Program FPGAs for real-time DSP functions utilizing Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) front-ends, Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) back-ends, and High-Speed-Serial (HSS) IO
- May be involved in working with high-performance Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) using C / C++ / Java and graphics libraries
- Design for FPGAs using VHDL or CoreFire Next Design Suite
- Develop and implement Digital Signal Processing (DSP), communications, imaging, and other algorithms
- Interact with customers regarding application development and application support tasks
- MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- U.S. Citizenship
- Has received, or are willing to receive, the COVID-19 vaccine
- Knowledge of digital design practices and methodology
- Experience with Xilinx and Intel FPGAs and Design Tools
- Experience with Matlab / Octave
- Experience with C/C++/Java, with experience in graphics
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog
- Experience in OpenVPX, PCIe, VME/VXS
- Experience with various communication protocols including Ethernet / Infiniband
- Experience with DSP, processing data from ADCs, generating data to DACs
- Experience with Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Knowledge or experience with Digital Beamforming Theory
- Knowledge of or experience with Software Defined Radio (SDR), such as REDHAWK
- Knowledge of or experience with Digital RF Memories (DRFMs)
- Knowledge of or experience with VITA 49.2
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Independent, Self-Motivated Worker
- Security Clearance (any level)