Do you have a high degree of creativity? Do you enjoy solving problems with an innovative and detail oriented approach? Have you excelled in high pace work environments?
Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. is seeking a self motivated and creative individual to expand our world class team. We are looking for an engineer willing to learn and grow with our company. Our high performance computing products enable technology that leads the industry. We want you to help design and push our current and future products to an even higher level by creating accurate and high performance designs of PCB Heatsinks, Face Plates, Brackets, Enclosures and much more! Work with our PCB Designers to create efficient Convection and Conduction Cooled heatsinks. Perform thermal simulations to ensure proper cooling in our Chassis.
Enjoy the benefits of working for a small privately held company with on-site mechanical hardware and software design, as well as on-site manufacturing and test. The close coupling of all aspects of design and production under one roof allows us to create products and systems at a rapid pace while maintaining the highest possible quality. The opportunity to interact with other departments on a daily basis provides a first-rate opportunity to further develop your career as you diversify your experiences.
Our small company environment provides a friendly and exciting atmosphere. We are continually designing new and innovative products, which fosters an extremely fast paced environment. Annapolis Micro Systems, Inc. knows there is no substitute for engineering superiority, and prides itself on creating world class products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create accurate and high performance designs of PCB Heatsinks, Face Plates, Brackets, Enclosures, etc
- Design required conduction cooled components for manufacture
- Provide guidance to PCB Designers for efficient Convection and Conduction Cooling
- Perform thermal simulations to ensure proper cooling of PCB Assemblies
- Ensure mechanical compatibility between PCB Assemblies
- Approve the design of fixtures to support the on-site manufacturing team
- Continued creation and maintenance of Mechanical Design Procedures to ensure repeatability in a high quality design process
- Publish mechanical drawings for the fabrication of components
- Publish Mechanical Bill of Materials (BOMs) for purchasing
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Design Experience
- Proficiency working with 3d Mechanical Design Tools (Solidworks preferred)
- Proficiency working with Thermal Simulation Tools
- Experience with Rugged PCB and Electronic Systems
- Familiarity with Industry standard Shock and Vibration specifications
- Knowledge of Electro-Mechanical cooling techniques including convection and conduction cooling
- PCB and Chassis knowledge
- Experience working with VPX, PCI Express, and related Standards
- Preferred experience working with ISO 9001 Procedures
Desired Technical Background
- Strong 3d Design Principles and Software packages (Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Solid understanding of thermodynamic principles
- Experience in a PCB Design & Manufacturing environment
- Experience in the design of Rugged Assemblies along with specification and supervision of Shock and Vibration testing.
- Familiarity with material selection for component fabrication
- Familiarity with high performance computers and technical programs
- Familiarity with electronic components