Annapolis Micro Systems is seeking a self-motivated and creative individual to expand our world-class team. We are looking for an engineer willing to learn and grow with our company. Our high performance computing products enable technology that leads the industry. We want you to help design and push our current and future products to an even higher level by creating accurate and high performance designs of PCB Heatsinks, Face Plates, Brackets, Enclosures and much more! Work with our PCB Designers to create efficient Convection and Conduction-Cooled heatsinks. Perform thermal simulations to ensure proper cooling in our Chassis.
Enjoy the benefits of working for a small privately held company with on-site hardware and software design, as well as on-site manufacturing and test. The close coupling of all aspects of design and production under one roof allows us to create products and systems at a rapid pace while maintaining the highest possible quality. The opportunity to interact with other departments on a daily basis provides a first-rate opportunity to further develop your career as you diversify your experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create accurate and high-performance designs of PCB Heatsinks, Face Plates, Brackets, Enclosures, etc.
- Design required conduction-cooled components for manufacture
- Provide guidance to PCB Designers for efficient Convection and Conduction Cooling
- Perform thermal simulations to ensure proper cooling of PCB Assemblies
- Ensure mechanical compatibility between PCB Assemblies
- Approve the design of fixtures to support the on-site manufacturing team
- Continued creation and maintenance of Mechanical Design Procedures to ensure repeatability in a high quality design process
- Publish mechanical drawings for the fabrication of components
- Publish Mechanical Bill of Materials (BOMs) for purchasing